Mechanical Design Engineer
Who we're looking for?
Thinkerbell Labs is driven by the motto of developing Tech for Good. Join our team as a skilled Mechanical Design Engineer, specializing in product design. You will be working with the product engineering team to develop and improve various modules of the current products as well as contribute to the development and production of new products. You'd be designing CAD models, simulating kinematics, prototyping to validate followed by moving design into production. Elevate your career while making a tangible impact on the success of Thinkerbell Labs.
What you will be doing?
You will be an integral part of our engineering team with heavy contribution towards development of new hardware products and improvement of existing line of products of the company. Your roles will include:
- Designing and development of modules and subsystem
- Understanding design constraints, collating and understanding all knowledge on subsystems to overcome all failure modes in the new design
- Developing CAD models, simulation for static and dynamic forces, and kinematic analysis.
- Preparing CAD drawings to communicate with prototyping vendors/manufacturers.
- Overseeing prototype fabrication, testing, and debugging to move design to production.
- Visiting vendor sites for production process review, coordinating with vendors to explain functional and quality requirements.
- Conducting and overseeing EVT, DVT, and PVT. Overseeing product mechanical testings like vibration, shock, drop, ingression, etc.
What you'll need to bring to the table?
- Pursuing or completing B.Tech/B.E./M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Part of collegiate Technical clubs like SAE, Robotics, etc.
- Thorough understanding of Design principles for Machine elements. Strong conceptual grasp of machine elements like CAMS, levers, Shafts, failure theories, and material theories.
- The numerical skill of modeling kinematics and dynamics of machines, and mechanics of solids.
- Proficiency in CAD tools Solidworks, Autodesk Fusion including motion analysis.
- Conceptual knowledge of CAE, FEM and proficiency in tools like AnSYS, Solidworks, Fusion 360.
- Knowledge about various engineering materials, material selection and manufacturing processes.
- Understanding of Design for Injection moulding, mould design, mould flow analysis and injection moulding process.
- Effective communication skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative capabilities
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial spirit.